Our September meeting—in Tuolumne County, “The Bay Area’s Front Door to Yosemite”—consists of a two-night stay, with the opportunity for a limited number of people to stay over for a third night. BATW Co-President Suzie Rodriguez and Associate Member Susan Wilson are coordinating this event.
Expect a jam-packed, fun-filled weekend. The folks at Tuolomne County Visitors Bureau have been working on our weekend for months, and are pulling out all the stops to let us see what this beautiful county has to offer.
Accommodations will be provided for the nights of Friday, September 18 and Saturday, September 19. A limited number of spaces (and accommodations) are available for optional day trips on Sunday, September 20. Credentialed journalists with current outlets will be considered first.
Members are welcome to bring a guest to share hotel accommodations. Planned meals and activities are complimentary for members, and guests are included at no charge for most activities.
If you’d like to attend, FILL OUT THIS PDF FORM and email it to Anna Davies at Tuolomne County Visitors Bureau (email@example.comBATW Press).
Here’s the activity lineup:
Friday, September 18
- 2 – 3 p.m. – Check in to assigned hotels, with Welcome Reception and Tour to follow at Indigeny Reserve Hard Apple Cider Distillery in Sonora at 4:00 pm
- 7 – 9 p.m. – Option of live theatre performance or enjoy the evening on your own exploring your favorite historic town.
Saturday, September 19
- 9:30 a.m. – Meet at Railtown 1987 Historic State Park on the Round House lawn for refreshments, BATW Business Meeting, Ranger Presentation and train ride
- 12:30 p.m. – Wine pairing luncheon at Columbia State Park’s City Hotel, with entertainment by Mark Twain followed by tour of Columbia State Park, Columbia Candy Kitchen and free time
- 5 – 6:15 p.m. – Bus pick up to Black Oak Casino Resort (members may also choose to drive)
- 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. – Dinner and entertainment
- 8 p.m. to midnight – Casino action or live entertainment (Return departures will be offered at 9:00p.m., 10:30 p.m. and 12:15 a.m.)
Sunday, September 20
- 9:30 a.m. – Departure reception at Hurst Ranch in Jamestown
Optional day tours include Live Theatre at the Fallon House in Columbia abd water sports and hiking at Pinecrest Lake Resort. The tour of Yosemite National Park & overnight accommodations in Groveland has been filled to capacity.