An Exciting Year of BATW Programs
Greetings to all BATW members! As your new Program Chair, I want to personally offer my thanks to all of the liaisons and board members for their hard work and creative ideas in setting up our meetings! It’s truly what helps to make BATW such an engaging organization.
Due to the efforts of so many people, the year has already begun with some very interesting topics and promises to progress with even more. We already owe major thanks to Molly Blaisdell for the Alcatraz program this past January and to Lee Foster for book publishing in February.
In quick summary, these are the new programs, now in various stages of planning, that will fill out the year:
- March – Suzie Rodriquez: Rosie the Riveter in Richmond
- April – Molly: Devil’s Slide Hike with John Flinn in Pacifica
- May – Tom Wilmer: The charming seaside setting of Morro Bay
- June – Molly: Livermore CVB hosting
- July – Laurie McAndish King: Kaye McKinzie of Quatrain PR on how to market your travel book
- August – Bob Cooper: Greater Palm Springs CVB hosting
- September – Laura Deutsch on her new book: Writing from the Senses
- October – Jules Older: Kim Grant on monetizing travel journalism
- November – Molly: Santa Clara new 49ers stadium tour
- December – BATW gala holiday party with date and location TBA
Here’s to another great year! Happy travels…
–George Medovoy, Program Chair