BATW February Evening Meeting
February 15, 2012 – 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Presidio Branch of the San Francisco Public Library
Thanks go to Lakshman Ratnapala for presenting this stellar evening (first evening meeting of the year!) and securing all the prizes; also to Erin Caslavka for arranging the venue, a Carnegie treasure originally built in 1898, now renovated. Refreshments will be served.
Presidio Library: 3150 Sacramento St. (between Baker and Lyon streets), San Francisco; 415-355-2880. Here’s the info for the February meeting location: http://sfpl.org/index.php?pg=0100002801. For directions: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&daddr=3150+Sacramento+Street%2C++San+Francisco%2C+CA
Members, click here to register.
Meeting details and invitation:
BATW cordially invites you to join a voyage of discovery to Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, described by Mark Twain as “a dream of fairyland and paradise” and extolled by Friar Marignolli, Papal envoy to the Emperor of China, as so near to paradise, “the sound of the waters falling from the fountain of Paradise is heard there.”
The presenter will be Board Member Lakshman Ratnapala, Emeritus President & CEO of PATA and previously Sri Lanka’s Director of Tourism for the Americas based in New York. Lakshman is now Chairman of Enelar International, a global tourism management and marketing consultancy.
We hope to have a host of door prizes including:
- A round trip air ticket London – Colombo – London, courtesy of SriLankan Airlines
- 5-nights stay for 2 at Jetwing Blue beach hotel, Negombo, courtesy of Jetwing Hotels, Sri Lanka
- 3-nights stay at Mahaweli Reach Hotel, Kandy, courtesy of Mahaweli Reach Hotels, Sri Lanka
- Gift packs of the world’s finest pure Ceylon Tea, courtesy of Sri Lanka Tourism and Ceylon Express International
- National Geographic’s Visions of Paradise and Great Journeys of the World, courtesy of Lakshman Ratnapala
- Great American Travel Writings: A Journey Around America, courtesy of Lakshman Ratnapala
- Sunset Magazine’s A Century of Western Living: Historical Portraits, courtesy of Lakshman Ratnapala
- …… and more …… and more …….
Don’t miss out! RSVP today!
[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”yes” overflow=”visible”][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”no” center_content=”no” min_height=”none”][Ed. Note: Be sure to read Georgia Hesse’s article on Sri Lanka, published in the Foreign Travel Club of San Francisco’s December newsletter—a teaser of what’s to come for BATW in February!] [/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]