"Plan B? How About Plan C?" – by Erin Caslavka

“Plan B? How About Plan C?”
by Erin Caslavka
As any frequent traveler will tell you, you’ve got to be flexible and expect the unexpected. So when Associate Member Alan Humason of the Yolo County CVB contacted me in late August to tell me they were going to need to reschedule our September meeting to 2013, I went to Plan B.
Well, actually, there was no “Plan B”…so I created one.
I contacted our good friends at Aquarium of the Bay (who’ve hosted us in the past) and asked if we could possibly hold our September meeting there. They checked their calendar and offered a date of Tuesday, Sept. 11, for an evening meeting. Then I contacted BATW member Tom Wilmer to see about his availability and, miraculously, he was available on that same night.
As the deadline drew near for the night’s event, it became obvious that, due to a number of factors (switching to a Tuesday night, its being the same night as a Palm Springs media dinner, the timing of the event itself, etc.), we weren’t getting the RSVPs we needed to warrant asking Tom to drive up from Morro Bay, nor to ask the Aquarium to lend us their space. So Tom and I made the decision to cancel the meeting.
Lessons learned?
1) Sometimes, Plan B should simply be to reschedule versus substitute. (That said, both the Yolo County presentation and Tom Wilmer’s have been rescheduled for 2013.)
2) Don’t wait to RSVP if there’s a meeting you really want to attend. Just like a presidential election where every vote counts, so, too, does every individual registration for our meetings.
See you on October 20th…and don’t forget to RSVP!


Share on facebook
Share on Facebook
Share on twitter
Share on Twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on Linkdin
Share on email

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *