BATW Kicks off 2020 with January 18 Meeting at Chase Center
Happy New Year! BATW rings in the New Year with our first meeting of 2020 in the spectacular $1.4 billion Chase Center on the San Francisco waterfront, Saturday, January 18.
We’ll be welcomed by Kim Stone, Chase Center General Manager, and then guided on an insider’s tour of the new home of the Golden State Warriors, an 18,000- seat arena that will host more than 200 sports and entertainment events each year.
We’ll start at the event level, and make our way out to the playing floor, pending visiting team shootaround: If the visiting team is there we will have to stay out of the bowl (the Orlando Magic is playing the Warriors that evening). The full tour will show three suite offerings (club suites, courtside lounges and theater boxes); a look at the art from local and international artists; and a walk through the concourses viewing all the food and beverage offerings Chase Center has for fans, along with club spaces throughout the building. We may also visit the arena to the west plaza, the main entrance of Thrive City, Chase Center’s 3.2 acres of community open space.
The tour will be followed by a brief BATW Annual Meeting for the membership to bring us up to date on the successes of 2019, our healthy budget balance and a quick glance at 2020. Please plan to stay. Attendance limited to 40. Members get priority. If room, guests will be welcome.
Here’s the schedule:
- 10 a.m. to 10:45 a.m. Coffee and social time.
- 10:45 a.m. A welcome talk with Kim Stone, Chase Center General Manager
- 10:45 a.m. to noon. A walking tour of the fabulous new arena facilities
- Noon to 1 p.m. Meet in the Media Room for a brief Annual Meeting
- 1 p.m. Leave the building: Lots of great lunch options nearby.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Sign up and show up with photo ID: we must provide a list of attendees, and you need your ID.
- Be on time: Coffee and social time starts at 10 and tour begins promptly at 10:45 a.m.
- Enter Chase Center at 730 Terry Francois Blvd. at the Employee & Media Entrance.
- There is no free parking, and paid parking at the center garages is $50 and not available that morning. But there are parking and transit options near Chase Center: https://chasecenter.com/transportation-guide
Hope to see you there. Go Warriors!
Thanks to BATW’s Lina Broydo and Lisa Goodwin of the Chase Center for setting this up.